- Read our review guidelines
The Sea Eagle 385FT FastTrack is an inflatable tandem kayak that is designed to offer increased speed and improved tracking over flatwater. It can be ideal for one or two paddlers and there’s even room for a third passenger, whether it’s a child, adult or a dog.
- Length: 12 foot 6 inches
- Width: 36 inches
- Weight: 35 pounds
- Weight Capacity: 635 pounds
This is a buoyant, lightweight vessel that can be ideal for family days out and camping trips. It can be easy to transport and packs down for easy storage, measuring just 24 by 18 by 8 inches when deflated.
The 385FT FastTrack Inflatable Is For…
The Sea Eagle 385FT can be a great boat for one, two or even three paddlers. It’s a 12 foot 6 inch inflatable kayak that is built for durability and buoyancy. With its rigid inflatable keel it can perform well on flatwater, allowing you to paddle more efficiently and cover water more quickly.
Being inflatable, it can also be an ideal option if you live in a smaller home and don’t have facilities to store a traditional hard shell boat. This kayak can be loaded into the trunk of your car and can eliminate the need for additional transportation accessories.
The 385T comes in a choice of packages, all of which include a pump and repair kit. The various packages available can make this a good kayak for beginners but it can also be ideal for more experienced paddlers looking for a high capacity yak that’s versatile and convenient.
Video: Sea Eagle FastTrack Kayak Setup
Top Features Of The Sea Eagle 385FT FastTrack
The Sea Eagle 385FT FastTrack benefits from having a patented NeedleKnife rigid inflatable keel with drop stitch technology. This can help to increase speed and improve tracking performance on flatwater, as it has a sharper bow and stern than some other inflatable yaks.
This rigid keel can be useful if you’re paddling over longer distances because it can help to reduce fatigue because your paddling strokes can be more efficient. The keel can cut through water more easily, helping you to cover water faster.
There is also a removable skeg which can be handy for improved tracking on open water. Remember to remove the skeg if you plan to paddle in very shallow water or in rapids, as it can damage or break the skeg.
This inflatable tandem boat features four separate chambers, providing a high level of buoyancy and added safety. This can be useful if one of the chambers suffers a puncture, as the three remaining chambers can be unaffected, maintaining flotation.
The boat is crafted using 1100 Decitex Reinforced fabric which also has reinforced seams for added strength.
The high pressure drop stitch floor provides a solid platform for increased stability. The floor also benefits from having an additional exterior floor with reinforced fabric that can provide a second layer of protection and durability.
The 385FT can be an ideal boat if you’re looking for versatility. As well as offering a high level of performance on flatwater, this craft can also be used on moving water and is suitable for up to Class II whitewater. This can make it a great option for river trips where you might encounter mild rapids.
Another useful feature of this vessel is that it can be paddled solo or you can have two others join you. When paddled on your own, you’ll find there is plenty of room for camping or fishing gear, or even just to stretch out your legs.
It also has a high weight capacity of 635 pounds, which can be ideal for multi-day trips, allowing you to bring along all the gear and food you might need.
There are bow and stern spray skirts which can provide a small amount of cover for some of your gear but the skirts also have cords on top so that you can secure additional items, such as dry bags.
A handy feature of the 385FT is that you have the option of attaching a motor. The Pro Motor package comes with both the motor mount and a lightweight 24 pound thrust electric motor that can be used in both saltwater and freshwater.
The kayak is designed to handle motors with up to 34 pounds of thrust, as long as they weigh no more than 15 pounds. This can give you the opportunity to increase your power and speed over the water, whether you’re looking to fish or just explore.
Sea Eagle FastTrack Package Options
- Deluxe Solo – This comes with a single inflatable seat, a foot pump, carry bag, skeg and repair kit. It also comes with a 4 piece aluminum paddle with fiberglass reinforced nylon blades.
- Deluxe – This is similar to the Solo but comes with two inflatable seats and two 4 piece paddles. It also comes with the repair kit, carry bag, skeg and foot pump.
- Swivel Seat Fishing Rig – This is similar to the Solo package but with an upgraded seat. The seat features an aluminum frame base so it can swivel and it also has built-in rod holders. Standard features, such as the paddle, skeg and repair kit are also included.
- Pro – This package comes with two foam padded high back seats, two upgraded paddles, two cargo bags, as well as the repair kit, carry bag, foot pump and skeg.
- Pro Carbon – This is an upgraded version of the Pro package, with all the same features and the difference being the addition of the upgraded two piece carbon-fiberglass paddles.
- QuikSail – This has everything included with the Pro package but with the added feature of the removable sail. This can give you added power and speed when paddling down-wind.
- Pro Motor – This also has everything you’ll find in the Pro package but with the addition of a motor mount and a Watersnake Asp T24 motor. It also includes two 4 foot tie-down straps.
- QuikRow – This package includes two 4 piece paddles, two inflatable seats, two rod holders and mounts, plus the QuikRow kit. The QuikRow kit includes an aluminum frame rowing base and swivel seat. It also comes with oar locks and two 2 piece oars, letting you transform your kayak into a rowing boat.
The hull design of the Sea Eagle 385FT FastTrack means it can be quick and easy to paddle on flatwater, just as this user has found:
Sea Eagle 385ft FastTrack™ features a sharper, narrower, tapered bow for faster entry thru wind, waves and current, pic.twitter.com/xcInP4XjXe— W.S.E. (@inuowner) April 2, 2016
If you’d prefer more fishing features the Sea Eagle 385FT FastTrack Angler could be a good alternative. It has similar features, including the rigid keel but has the added benefit of having a built-in fish ruler, EVA foam padded non-slip for better traction and built-in rod and accessory holders in the front and rear spray skirts.
It’s also a more wildlife-friendly green color.
The Sea Eagle 393RL can be a good alternative if you’re after greater speed. This is a lightweight yak that’s built for one person. It features drop stitch technology on the floor and sides, meaning it has a more rigid feel and performance similar to a hard shell craft.
It has a high 500 pound capacity and could be an ideal choice for extended paddling trips.
This Aire Tributary Tomcat is a 12 foot 9 inch inflatable tandem craft. It has a lower weight capacity of 450 pounds and can be paddled solo. It weighs 54 pounds but does not come with paddles. This could be a good alternative if you’re looking for a boat that can handle rougher water as this can be paddled in up to Class IV rapids.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Add A Trolling Motor?
A trolling motor can be added by first attaching a motor mount. The motor can then be attached to the mount. The Pro Motor package comes with both the mount and the motor.
What Package Option Is The Best?
Sounds obvious, but it really depends on your needs. If you’re looking to fish, the Swivel Seat Fishing Rig package or QuikRow package can be better since they have rod holders.
How Long Does The 385FT Take To Set Up?
It takes roughly 7 minutes to inflate the 385FT and it can be set up in around 15 minutes.
- High capacity
- Rigid keel design for improved performance
- Holds up to 3 people
- Not suitable for higher than Class II rapids
The Sea Eagle 385FT FastTrack kayak can be a great boat for family trips and solo adventures. It has a versatile design that can be great for up to three paddlers to explore both flatwater and up to Class II rapids. It’s also stable, portable and has a well designed hull for better tracking and efficiency.
If you like the sound of this lightweight inflatable kayak you can check it out for yourself here and let us know what you think. Maybe this would be a good option for your buddies? Share this with them.